- Captures all data that traverses a network interface (NIC)
- Useful for diagnosing local network issue'
Here are the instructions:
1. Visit http://www.wireshark.org/ and click 'Get Wireshark now.'
2. Save the setup file. Once the file has finished downloading, open the file to begin the setup wizard.
3. Follow the steps in the setup wizard to download Wireshark. Make sure to also install WinPcap when given the option.
After installing Wireshark, which will be used to send us some network information, please follow these steps to gather the information:
1. Close all web browsers and any other programs that generate network traffic (for example, IM programs).
2. Open Wireshark.
3. From the 'Capture' menu, select 'Options.'
4. Under 'Interface,' select the network card you have.
5. Select 'Start.'
Once the program has started running, please open your browser and visit http://mail.google.com/a/[your_domain.com](please copy and paste this exact URL into your browser window) and log into your account. Once there, attempt to reproduce the latency issue and allow the program to run for three minutes. If the program is running successfully, you should see the numbers under 'Captured Packets' increasing.